Since this is Thanksgiving week, I have decided to make a list of 30 things I'm thankful for. (Thirty, because there's 30 days in November)
So in no particular order here they are...
1. I'm thankful for God's saving grace
2. I'm thankful that God brought an amazing man into my life to be my husband
3. Thankful for Pumpkin being the helpful, caring little boy that made me a Momma
4. Thankful for our little Sweetie Pie that we waited 3 years for
5. Thankful for a home that isn't fancy by any means, but keeps us warm, dry and protected
6. Thankful for cabinets and freezers full of food
7. Thankful for closets that always have clothes to keep us warm
8. Thankful that we are blessed enough to have vehicles that aren't brand new, but get us where we need to go
9. Thankful for hand-me-downs. I still can count the number of clothes we've bought Pumpkin on both hands, I think.
10. Thankful for the modern day conveniences that make my Mommy life a whole lot easier (washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove and oven, etc.)
11. I'm thankful for disposable diapers! (If you have a baby, you know why ;) haha)
12. Thankful for a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery with Sweetie Pie
13. I'm thankful for health in general-for my husband, myself, Pumpkin and Sweetie Pie
14. I'm thankful for family and friends to get through the tough times the beginning of this year
15. I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to talk to a couple women and hopefully "help" in their journey through infertility issues and miscarriages
16. I'm thankful that my husband works hard for his family to provide the things we need and some of the things we want :)
17. Thankful for a husband who is an amazing Daddy to our boys. You know how they say you fall more in love with your husband once you see him with your children? Yep, it's true!
18. Thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my boys...best. job. ever.
19. Thankful for little pleasures like coffee drinks, chocolate and ice cream!
20. Thankful to have the chance to watch another sleeping baby once I lay him down for bed
21. Thankful for an almost five year old that still gives the best hugs
22. I'm thankful that I've gotten to experience the love you feel for a human being you just met right after birth...twice!
23. I'm thankful I've gotten to witness the growing brotherly love between my 3 month old and 4 year old
24. Thankful for the ability to travel-when we want, where we want
25. I'm thankful for God's amazing creation all around us-Kansas sunsets are exhibit A ;)
26. Thankful that I've watched my son go from not knowing his letters to being able to write his first and last name without help
27. For the numerous ways I see my husband in my little boys-yes both of them
28. Thankful for that moment right after Sweetie Pie was born when my husband looked at me with a look of complete calm and said "I could have almost cried when he was healthy" -after struggling for so long to have him, the amount of worry until he was here was CRAZY
29. Although it was the hardest thing ever, thankful for being able to be with my Mom while she was sick and being able to tell her good-bye before she passed away
30. For the times when we pray as a family and I hear my husband's prayers for our boys as they grow up and the sweet little prayers of a child.
Be Thankful and have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!